Announcing the Marvin Oliver Memorial Endowed Fund for Undergraduate Students in American Indian Studies
Marvin Oliver, renowned artist, advocate, UW graduate, associate curator for the Burke Museum, and professor emeritus of American Indian Studies, passed away on July 17, 2019 surrounded by family.
As a tribute to his life and legacy, we invite you to consider making a gift to a cause that was important to Marvin: support of undergraduate students in the Department of American Indian Studies. Your gift to the Marvin Oliver Memorial Endowed Fund for Undergraduate Students in American Indian Studies will enable the department to provide broad-based direct financial support to undergraduate students.
Giving to American Indian Studies
Gifts to the American Indian Studies department provide resources to develop and create programs that are not covered by state funding. Gifts to the department support a wide-range of needs funding:
- Student research activities
- Student activities such as the Winter and Spring Powwows and the Native Organization of Indigenous Scholars (NOIS) annual symposium
- The Native Voices Film Festival
- Raven's Feast, the annual Native graduation ceremony at Daybreak Star
- Annual lectures
- Curriculum development and faculty retention
All gifts are tax deductible and truly make a difference. Give now using the form below.
American Indian Studies Merchandise
You can also support the Department of American Indian Studies by purchasing AIS merchandise.
AIS majors can receive a free hoodie and can purchase other items at a discounted price. Email Kai Wise for details.
Donors to the Department of American Indian Studies will receive items corresponding to various giving levels:
- $50: Water bottle and ceramic mug
- $100: Hooded sweatshirt
- $125: Zip-up sweatshirt
- $150: Hooded sweatshirt, water bottle, and ceramic mug
- $250: Hooded sweatshirt, water bottle, ceramic mug, and bag