The Department of American Indian Studies offers an internship program that allows AIS majors and minors to build real-life work experience while applying AIS knowledge in the workforce. In partnership with Pyramid Communications' Indian Country team, AIS offers a paid 5-credit internship that allows students to build valuable work experience while getting the chance to work on Native causes with Native people.
- Work with a Native-led Indian Country team on Native causes
- Gain experience working with tribes, corporations, universities, environmental groups, and more
- Learn how to apply the Indigenous systems of thought taught in AIS in the workforce
- Money! This internship is paid, because we know students' time is valuable.
What Students Can Learn at Pyramid
Interns can help decide on an internship focus from among the many different aspects to communications, including design, web development, and storytelling. The Pyramid team can help cultivate students' existing skills and help develop new skills based on interests.
- Work directly with Pyramid’s Indian Country team on client projects and marketing efforts
- Support the team by assisting with general administrative tasks
- Conduct research for existing or potential clients
- Draft marketing content, including case studies, blog posts, and email marketing
- Assist in the development of solutions for organizational, creative, or content challenges
For more information, please contact AIS Academic Counselor Elissa Washuta at firstname.lastname@example.org.